Most households now have a wheelie bin for mixed rubbish collection, as well as various other wheelie bins and bags for specific recycling collection, depending on where you live in Argyll.
Here you can find out what we will collect from your household, what you should put in each bin, and when we collect the bins from your house.
- Cowal (Dunoon and surrounding area)
- West Cowal (Colintraive to Strachur)
- Helensburgh and Lomond
- Islay and Jura
- Isle of Bute
- Mid Argyll Area
- Mull and Iona
- Oban and Lorn Area
The wheeled bin must be used, and no excess or side waste should be placed outwith the bin.
Please place your bin at the collection point no later than 8am (7am in some areas) on your collection day. Your bin can only be emptied if it is out before the arrival of the collection vehicle.
Please return your bin back onto your property as soon as reasonably possible after collection.
Do not leave a bin permanently on the footpath.
Points to Remember
DO make sure your bin is available from 8am (or 7am) on your designated bin collection day. bin collection times may vary due to operational changes. However, we will try to catch up as soon as possible.
- DO make sure the lid is fully closed with the handle facing towards the kerb.
- DO make sure your bin is returned to your property after rubbish collection
- DO maintain access to your street on collection day. If access to your bin is impossible, we will be unable to empty it.
- DO take recyclables to a recycling site or use kerbside recycling collection services where available.
- DO compost your garden waste at home or take it to a recycling and civic amenity site.
- DO use our chargeable special uplift service for items not suitable for you wheelie bin. Restrictions apply so contact 01546 605514 for advice.
- DON'T place hot ashes in your bin.
- DON'T leave your bin permanently on the footpath
- DON'T pack it too tightly.
- DON'T leave excess waste beside it. Waste presented for collection should be contained only in the wheeled bin with the lid fully closed. EXCESS WASTE WILL NOT BE UPLIFTED.
You can apply for an Assisted Refuse Collection. All applications are subject to approval by the local area office. Please call 01546 605514 for more information.