The Council Tax due on a property may be discounted to reflect the personal circumstances of the adult residents. Such a reduction will apply where less than two adults are resident in the property. For the purpose of the reduction adults who meet the undernoted qualifying conditions shall be disregarded when counting the number of adults in the house.
QUALIFYING CONDITIONS: CAREWORKER
- A person who provides care or support on behalf of a local authority or charity for at least 24 hours per week, for which they are paid no more than £36 per week, and resides in premises provided by the local authority or charity for the better performance of their work.
- A person who provides care or support to their employer, to whom they were referred by a charity, for at least 24 hours per week, for which they are paid no more than £36 per week, and resides in premises provided by their employer for the better performance of their work.
- A person who provides care or support, for an average of at least 35 hours per week, to someone in receipt of one or more of the following state benefits:
and resident in the same house, excluding their spouse/partner or a child of theirs aged under 18.
- higher rate of attendance allowance
- highest rate of the care component of a disability living allowance
- an increased rate in Disablement Pension
- an increase in a Constant Attendance Allowance under the Personal Injuries (Civilians) Scheme or the Naval, Military and Air Forces etc. (Disablement & Death) Service Pension Order.
I consider discount should apply
I declare that the information on this form is true and complete and I authorise Argyll & Bute Council to verify the details.
I will notify within 21 days any change in circumstances which may affect my liability e.g. discount status no longer applies to the person named in Section 1, or the number of adults in the house increases.
I understand that failure to provide this information is an offence which may make me liable to an initial fine of £50 and £200 for each subsequent offence.
Data Protection Fair Processing Notice
Argyll and Bute Council, or their agents, will hold information supplied on this form in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998
The personal data that you provide will be used to in order to progress or improve service delivery, to fulfil the councils statutory obligations e.g. to process your notification of a change of address. The information may also be used for other legitimate purposes e.g. housing and benefits administration. Where permitted by law, or where your consent has been obtained, information may be shared with other Councils, governmental and quasi-governmental bodies.
By completing and submitting this form you consent to the use of your personal data including, where appropriate, sensitive personal data.
You have a right to apply for a copy of the information we hold about you, and to have any inaccuracies corrected. The set fee (where applicable) will be charged.
Should you wish to exercise this right, your request must be made in writing to:
Data Protection Officer,
Argyll and Bute Council,