Customer Services Financial Quarter 4 - January to March 2012
Performance Report for Customer Services
Period January - March 2012
- Successful implementation of the Community Services Capital Programme.
- Working jointly with the website development team within HR and Improvement the Council website has gained a four star rating from Socitm and has been listed as one of the top 20 best developed websites.
- Expansion of services to the Customer Service Centre (Social Work/Planning).
- Centralisation of pool car fleet permitting greater scrutiny of vehicle usage thereby delivering greater efficiencies.
- Launch in March of new 24 hour automated payment line for paying council tax.
- Introduction of Tell Us Once service on 19 March in Partnership with DWP.
- Preparations for local Government Elections 2012.
- Administration for Civic Government Licences renewals June 2012
- Reduce the Council’s use of energy and utilities, and lower its carbon emissions
- Progress Rationalisation of Council Estate
- Disposal of Surplus Property
- Work towards re-procurement of Pathfinder network from March 2014 and address anticipated funding gap.
- Maintain collections of council tax and non-domestic rates given economic climate
Action Points to address the Challenges
- Staff team already in place to take forward planning and administration of elections.
- Planning underway to ensure maximum resource available over June/July/August.
- Monitor progress of carbon management plan, use advanced meter reading on selected key sites to improve consumption information.
- Delivery of on-going office rationalisation programme to reduce the number of occupied offices including withdrawal from leased premises. (recently vacated Clydesdale Bank Buildings and Tigh Mhicleoid in Lochgilphead)
- Monthly review of surplus property list to ensure the development of appropriate disposal strategies including multi-disciplinary approaches, adoption of specialist advice and collaboration with community planning partners.
- Ongoing engagement with Highland Council as pathfinder lead to secure (a) interim and (b) long term solution
- Undertake discount and exemption review programme and ensure that recovery actions are undertaken in line with timetable.